Masters of Engineering (ME) or Masters of Technology (M. Tech) are postgraduate programs, which engineers choose to pursue once they acquire the Bachelors degree. These act as extensions to graduation programs of engineers and provide them with plenty of opportunities in practical implementation of their technological knowledge.
Key Reasons to Acquire M.E. /M. Tech Degree
Today, both B.E. and B. Tech holders are available with countless benefits and many reasons to acquire either M.E. /M. Tech as their post graduation course.
Excellent Platform to Boost Skills
If any student has proper understanding about technical subjects and wants to boost his or her skills in the sector of technology or engineering, we as experts should advice to pursue M.E./M.Tech course from one of the reputed institutes in India.
High Demand for All Time
Demand for engineers or technical personal has always remained high in different types of organizations. The reason for this is that these people form vital parts of skilled and educated workforce of every country. Since each country persistently involved in procedures related to improvement and development, B.E. and B. Tech holders will find large numbers of areas, where they can display their knowledge and give massive contribution in development.
Opens up Twin Careers Avenues
M.E. or M. Tech degree gives dual advantage to individuals, as it opens up twin careers’ avenues of professional engineer and managerial role. Prime benefits in this case will include the following
- Pursuing of post graduation course in the engineering or technology sector gives adequate time to acquire in depth technical knowledge about the subject and lets students to get relatively higher control on it.
- Post graduation degree boosts professional level of qualifications and creates a very strong social yet industrial network, by which M. Tech holders may get top-class jobs.
- Acquisition of both Masters of Engineering and Masters of Technology degrees give opportunities to individuals to shift into various managerial roles, as they get vast experience in the field of technology.
Plenty of Career Options Available
Irrespective of the stream you choose in your Masters of Engineering or Masters of Technology, you will find plenty of career options as follows
Benefits in Corporate Sector
People completed their masters degree in technological sector from reputed institutes may get numbers of employment opportunities in the corporate sector. Until now, both M.E. and M. Tech holders have succeeded to get placements not only in core engineering companies, but also in consultancy organizations.
Research and Development Benefits
Once you complete with your Masters degree in either engineering or in technology, you will get the opportunity of super-specialization as well as further studies, like PhD aimed towards boosting knowledge and secure better future.
Wide Career in Teaching/Academic Sector
Other than corporate and R&D sector, M.E. and M. Tech candidates will be able to get plenty of jobs in teaching profession. Every year, large numbers of engineering colleges establish in different parts of India, because of which these candidates will be able to find countless jobs as faculty members and senior professors of engineering institutes.
M.E. /M. Tech Courses in Shri Ram Group Jabalpur
Shri Ram Group, Jabalpur, a leading educational group of India has put its massive contribution since a long time to offer M.E. /M. Tech Courses for engineering graduates. However, before one should step forward to pursue the course, he or she should meet the following basic requirements.
- Candidates should clear their Engineering entrance test for Masters Degree i.e. Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE).
- Candidates should pass Bachelor of Engineering or Bachelor of Technology from any of the reputable engineering institutions of India with good marks.
GATE is an online and all-India exam that mainly tests the comprehensive levels of understanding about undergraduate students in science and engineering sector.
Streams/Specializations Offered by Institutes in Detail
Depending on the institute you choose, you will be able to find different streams in the postgraduate course.
Shri Ram Institute of Technology (SRIT)
Shri Ram Institute of Technology is the old institute of Shri Ram Group, Jabalpur. Major subjects offered by the institute are:
- ME in Electronics and Communication Engineering
- ME in Computer Science & Engineering
- ME in System Software
- ME in Heat Power Engineering
M. Tech. Subjects
- M.Tech. in Microwave Engineering
- M.Tech. in VLSI Design
- M.Tech. in Computer Technology & Application
- M.Tech. in Power System
- M.Tech. in Machine Design
Who can pursue:-Candidates pursued their B.E. or B. Tech from a reputed institute with Electronics and Communication, Computer Science, Information Technology and Mechanical Engineering may get the opportunity to acquire masters’ degree offered by SRIT Jabalpur.
Shri Ram Institute of Science and Technology (SRIST)
Shri Ram Institute of Science and Technology is the extension of the aforementioned educational institute that offers M. Tech in three different subjects as:
- M.Tech. in Computer Science and Engineering
- M.Tech. in Digital Communication
- M.Tech. in Energy Technology
Eligible Students for the Course:-Students with B.E. /B. Tech in Computer Science, Electronics and Communication and Civil Engineering may opt to pursue higher studies from SRIST Jabalpur.
Shri Ram Group of Institutions (SRGI)
Shri Ram Group of Institutions is the third institute operating under Shri Ram Group, Jabalpur. This institute also offers three different subjects under M. Tech.
- M.Tech. in Computer Science and Engineering
- M.Tech. in Structural Engineering
- M.Tech. in Environment Engineering
Eligible Candidates:-Candidates with B.E. or B. Tech in Computer Science may choose for Computer Science and engineering specialization, while with Civil Engineering may go to pursue M. Tech in either Structural Engineering or in Environment Engineering.
Campus Placement of M.E. /M. Tech Students
Until now, most of the M.E. and M. Tech students had placements in different core companies as
- Reliance Communication
- Honeywell India
- Tata Indicom
- Bharti Airtel Limited
- Larsen and Toubro
- Prism Cements
- Orient Paper Mills
- National Steels
- Jaypee Group
- Shaw Wallace
- ITC Limited
- Force Motors
- Indian Army and Navy