Today, IoT abbreviated as Internet of Things serve as the fastest moving, fascinating and exciting topic of the IT business or industry. With consistent advancements in different areas, like mobile technologies, robotics and Big data analytics, the topic has obtained its huge demand among large numbers of IT professionals and thereby, motivated most of the B.E. IT students studying in any good engineering college in India to develop familiarity with the concept.
Overview on IoT
IoT or Internet of Things refer to a big network comprises of various physical devices, buildings, vehicles and other necessary items embedded with the help of software, electronics, actuators, sensors and proper network connectivity to allow each of the aforementioned objects to exchange and collect data.
IoT Scopes and Specialties
- IoT allows remote sensing and control of different objects across already existing infrastructure of the network. In this manner, it creates plenty of opportunities to set up direct integration of computer-operated systems with the entire physical world. In this manner, IoT results in bringing drastic improvements in terms of economy, accuracy and efficiency.
- When we augment Internet of Things by using actuators and sensors, technology used in the case becomes an instance of relatively higher general class of both cyber and physical systems. In this way, it encompasses technologies available as smart homes, smart grids, smart cities and intelligent transportation.
- Internet of Things allows identification of each thing by the help of embedded computing system and at the same time, interoperates in the already existing infrastructure of internet. According to Information Technology engineers and other experts of Shri Ram Group Jabalpur, IoT will be of 50 billions of objects by the coming 2020.
IoT Applications in the IT Industry
Based on detailed study conducted by B.E. and M.E. or M. Tech students of Shri Ram Group Jabalpur, recognized as a reputed engineering college in India under the supervision of top-class IT engineers, IoT has many applications in the modern industry, which include
- Tracking of behaviour to meet the requirement of real-time marketing
- Enhancement in awareness of a specific critical situation
- Sensor driven type of decision analytics
- Optimization of various procedures
- Consumption of resources in optimized form
- Gaining response and control of complicated yet autonomous systems within less time as possible
How Internet of Things is Beneficial
Now, let us look on few of the key benefits associated with Internet of Things.
Ubiquitous Internet Facility
Internet of Things makes sure about availability of personal Wi-Fi connection on your mobile phones and on almost every other device. It is responsible for connecting everyone and almost everything in hassle-free way.
Another prime benefit of IoT is that it allows each of our devices, music players, phones, TVs and other vehicles to keep a proper track on what exactly we do, read, view and listen, as we move during the whole day in between different places. In other words, the latest technique has allowed handoffs between devices.
Analytics as a Service
Concepts and economies related to Apps and APIs have grown and explored drastically to allow any device to perform interesting tasks until and unless it remains connected to API or invoke a particular App that delivers services based on network. Here, thing indicates data collector and/or generator that leans, gains predictions and takes data-driven types of actions in response to collected data based on convenience and versatility of any API or App call.
Geo-location, iBeacon of Apple and mobile customer engagement and so on are now creating a big knowledge network about intentions, locations, buying patterns, tastes and preferences of customers. Indeed, the location-based knowledge requires striking perfect balance between timely delivery and privacy user of useful services and products to users.